One of the bands we’re most excited to check out at this year’s Austin Psych Fest is the ever mysterious Swedish group Goat, who perform as the final group in the Elevation Amphiteatre on Sunday night. The band exploded onto the scene last year with the release of their debut album, World Music, on Rocket Recordings and are known to adorn animal masks on stage. Does anyone remember “mystique?”
Listen to title track “Dreambuilding” off a new 7″ out June 4 via Sub Pop.
Goat – “Dreambuilding”
[Art by Sean Metcalf]
Greetings friends and fellow travelers. As the year comes to a close, we find ourselves looking back on all the great music that came out of 2012. This year offered much hope for the future, including the emergence of folk singer-songwriter Jessica Pratt; Swedish music collective GOAT; Southern England’s Beaulieu Porch; and new Brooklyn based label Beyond Beyond is Beyond, who brought us the debut album from Prince Rupert’s Drops. This was another exceptional year for new releases and we’re psyched to present to you our picks for the best albums of 2012. Tell us about your favorite albums of 2012 in the comments section below.
Art by: Sean Metcalf
Download or stream the November 2012 DGB Mix below.
01. Camera – Ausland
02. The Brian Jonestown Massacre – Viholliseni Maalla
03. Goat – Let It Bleed
04. Prince Rupert’s Drops – Plague Ride
05. Jefferson Airplane – Wild Tyme
06. The Zodiac – Aries – The Fire-Fighter
07. The West Coat Pop Art Experimental Band – Eighteen Is Over The Hill
08. Tjutjuna – Desert Song
09. The UFO Club – July
10. The Smoking Trees – See
11. Mmoss – Hedge Creeper
12. The Karovas Milkshake – Factory
13. Joe Byrd & The Field Hippies – Invisible Man
14. Abstract Truth – It’s Alright With Me
15. Ultimate Spinach – Visions Of Your Reality
16. Woodsman – All Tangled Up
17. Jeffertitti’s Nile – Upside